Monday 31 December 2007

Ibn Taymiyyah words.

"Whoever desires bliss, let him adhere to the threshold of servitude"

ibn al-Qayyim, Madarij [1/531]


"Guidance is not attained except with knowledge and correct direction is not attained except with patience"

Majmu Fatawa [10/40]


"This whole religion revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience"

Majmu Fatawa [10/38]

"The one who is truly imprisoned is the one whose heart is imprisoned from God and the captivated one is the one whose desires have enslaved him"

ibn al-Qayyim, al-Wabil [p. 69]


"What can my enemies do to me? I have in my breast both my heaven and my garden. If I travel they are with me, never leaving me. Imprisonment for me is a chance to be alone with my Lord. To be killed is martyrdom and to be exiled from my land is a spiritual journey"

ibn al-Qayyim, al-Wabil [p. 69]

No comments: